DepEd releases guidelines for Christmas Celebration for teachers and students
1.The Philippines, one of the six predominantly Christian countries in Asia, boasts the earliest, longest, and perhaps, the most colorful Christmas seasonn in the Amidst the worst calamities, crises, losses, and pandemic, we Filipinos always carry resilient spirits and joyful hearts in celebrating Christmas and the holiday season.
2. The first Christmas set the pattern for how Jesus Christ lived His whole life here on earth: with humility, simplicity, and Every Christmas is an invitation and a challenge for humanity to imitate and imbibe these virtues.
3. To this end, the whole Department of Education (DepEd) community is urged to strive for a genuine celebration of hope, unity, and service for others every Christmas Celebrations in public schools and DepEd central and field offices should be simple yet meaningful, keeping in mind the true spirit of the season and the austerity called for by the difficult economic times.
4.In line with the foregoing, the following guidelines should be observed:
a. All Christmas parties, themes, costumes, decoration, and exchange gifts are No learner or Deped personnel should be forced to contribute, participate, or use their money for the celebration;
b. No learner shall be excluded from joining the Christmas celebration by reason of their failure to give the voluntary contribution or absence of a prepared gift;
c. Celebrations in schools and in DepEd o&ces, as far as practicable, should be simple yet Christmas party themes should not result to expenses that will become a burden on parents, students, and DepEd personnel;
d. Contributions for celebrations in schools or offices, whether in cash or in kind, should be strictly voluntary;
e. Old Christmas decors should be recycled, pumbaee of new decors are not encouraged. No learner or Deped personnel will be required to make decors specifically for a partjr.;
f. Christmas parties in schools may be organized within class hours so long as it does not interfere with the scheduled lesson plans intended to be taught to the students;
g. The conduct of Christmas pt-togethers and nther similar year-end activities should not compromim the prmrinion of departmental services;
h. Gift-giving should be giiided by the spirit of sharing and should not lead to extravagant epending;
i. DepEd pereenoel should be reminded that solicitations, whether in cash or in kind, are not allow’ed for Christmas parties or holiday tions.
5. The provisions of this Order cover all DepEd schools and offices in the country.
6. Schools Division Offices may issue additional guidelines based on their local customs and traditions, subject to the abovementioned guidelines.
7. Private schools, community learning centers, as well as state/local universities and colleges (SUCs/LUCs) may choose to adopt the provisions of this DO as basis in the conduct of their own Christmas parties or celebrations.
8. Immediate dissemination of azid strict compliance with this Order is directed.
Share this post to your friends!
Download the PowerPoint Presentation here!
Download the Assessment here! (Pre/Post Test
Download the Worksheets here!
Check related post below!
Free Editable Teacher Planner 2023
Free Editable Teacher Planner 2023 Teachers utilize a planner, either a notebook or a binder, to schedule their time, complete activities, and keep track of
Echanted Kingdom Teacher’s Month Promo
Echanted Kingdom Teacher’s Month Promo Add Your Heading Text Here Hey there TEACHERS… here’s the deal you’ve been waiting for! In celebration of National Teachers’ Month
Deped Resignation Process 2022 How to apply for Clearance
Deped Resignation Process 2022 How to Apply for Deped Clearance Want to teach abroad? Learn how to apply for clearance from DepED to teach abroad!
Student’s Information Sheet
Student’s Information Sheet What is a student information sheet? The student information sheet is a document use by teachers or school personnel to give important
Class Schedule Editable Template 2
Class Schedule Editable Template 2 What is a class schedule? A class schedule is a list of classes, the times they meet and the locations.
Class Schedule Editable Template
Class Schedule Editable Template What is a class schedule? A class schedule is a list of classes, the times they meet and the locations. It
Join our Facebook Groups below for you to be updated for the
latest CPD, NEAP, DEPED webinars and trainings.
Click here for more webinars > CPD, NEAP webinars and trainings for teachers
- Daily Lesson Log Grade 3 Quarter 3 Week 5
- Summative Test Grade 2 Quarter 3
- Daily Lesson Log Grade 4 Quarter 3 Week 8
- Daily Lesson Log Grade 2 Quarter 3 Week 7
- Canada is hiring Filipino Teachers
- Grade 1 Quarter 3 Week 5 Activity Sheets
- Attend the Rex Webinar Series and earn 8 CPD units
- Grade 1 Quarter 3 Week 4 Activity Sheets
- Kindergarten MELC Based – Activities Quarter 3 Week 4
- School Forms Cover Design
Follow and like our Facebook Page for free lesson plans and learning materials. Click the link below.
Disclaimer: All information and materials posted here in this website is for educational purposes only. The website serves as an avenue for educators to share their materials to help other educators. If you want to share your own educational resources, you may send it here firstname.lastname@example.org. However, if you found your materials shared here and you want to remove it or want to have proper credits, please don’t hesitate to contact the admin at email@example.com. Thank you!