Psychosocial Support Activity Pack
AWhat is Psychosocial Support Activity Pack?
The Psychosocial support activity pack is a packet developed the department of education to help students recover from the impacts of disasters and/or emergencies, foster improved learning capacity and resilience. This packet is designed for teachers to bridge the healthy socio-emotional well-being to the school performance of learners, through psychosocial support activities, especially in the context of addressing the impact of disasters and/or emergencies.
The Department of education through the Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Service (DRRMS) together with MAGIS Creative Spaces, Inc., has developed the Psychosocial Support Activity Pack: A Teacher’s Guide (All Levels) to support and guide teachers in conducting psychosocial support activities for learners in in-person learning modality.
How to conduct the Psychosocial Support Activity for Teachers
What to do
This is a suggested guide to help you plan your time to integrate the followingpsychosocial support activities.
1. Greeting - Warm Greeting for the learners
2. Check - in - How is everyone today?
3. Use the Emoticon Chart -
a. Point to each emoticon. Ask who is feeling
each emotion in class.
b. Learners are not required to answer.
c. All emotions are welcome.
4. Energy check - If the teacher notices the group lacks energy: do an energizer activity [See
example in annex.] e.g. Tao Po! (for allages)
5. Set guidelines. - Set guidelines for the first session, and review before every succeeding session.
(This is critical for classroom management.)
6. Main Activity - Introduce and conduct the main activity.
7. Synthesis - Synthesize learnings and re-emphasize important points about the theme [e.g. safety] through the wrap up discussion guide and key message.
8. Closing - It is very important to close with an uplifting or grounding activity (e.g., a song, dance, energizer, breathing). This is a good place to use your own energizer, dance or activity that reflects your specific culture.
9. Note Red Flags. - If you notice any red flags and that someone needs extra care, follow the
agreed on protocols for reporting in your school for psychosocial support.
Visuals to Prepare in the Conduct of Psychosocial Support Activity
Create a poster that you can point to, or create a section on your blackboard where you can draw the emoticons
Ask learners to put their name under their most dominant feeling at any particular time.
Create a poster where you have special guidelines for the play and art-based
activities you will do with your learners. Here is a sample:
Click here for more webinars > CPD, NEAP webinars and trainings for teachers
Share with your friends!
Check related post below!
Free Editable Teacher Planner 2023
Free Editable Teacher Planner 2023 Teachers utilize a planner, either a notebook or a binder, to schedule their time, complete activities, and keep track of
Echanted Kingdom Teacher’s Month Promo
Echanted Kingdom Teacher’s Month Promo Add Your Heading Text Here Hey there TEACHERS… here’s the deal you’ve been waiting for! In celebration of National Teachers’ Month
Deped Resignation Process 2022 How to apply for Clearance
Deped Resignation Process 2022 How to Apply for Deped Clearance Want to teach abroad? Learn how to apply for clearance from DepED to teach abroad!
Student’s Information Sheet
Student’s Information Sheet What is a student information sheet? The student information sheet is a document use by teachers or school personnel to give important
Class Schedule Editable Template 2
Class Schedule Editable Template 2 What is a class schedule? A class schedule is a list of classes, the times they meet and the locations.
Class Schedule Editable Template
Class Schedule Editable Template What is a class schedule? A class schedule is a list of classes, the times they meet and the locations. It
Join our Facebook Groups below for you to be updated for the
latest CPD, NEAP, DEPED webinars and trainings.
Sign – up below to receive Free classroom decorations.
- Daily Lesson Log Grade 3 Quarter 3 Week 5
- Summative Test Grade 2 Quarter 3
- Daily Lesson Log Grade 4 Quarter 3 Week 8
- Daily Lesson Log Grade 2 Quarter 3 Week 7
- Canada is hiring Filipino Teachers
- Grade 1 Quarter 3 Week 5 Activity Sheets
- Attend the Rex Webinar Series and earn 8 CPD units
- Grade 1 Quarter 3 Week 4 Activity Sheets
- Kindergarten MELC Based – Activities Quarter 3 Week 4
- School Forms Cover Design
- Summative Test Grade 2 Quarter 3
- How to apply for Elite Scholarship FEU Institute of Technology
- Grade 1 Quarter 3 Week 3 Activity Sheets
- NEAP Lunduyan sa Kahusayan and SEAMEO INNOTECH
- Daily Lesson Log (DLL) Grade 6 Quarter 3 Week 2 all subjects